Started working in glass in 1972 at San Jose State University in San Jose, CA.
George Jercich graduated from San Jose State University in 1984 with his MFA in Sculpture/Plastic Arts. He currently lives and works on a small farm in rural San Luis Obispo County. Before retiring in 2012, he instructed glassblowing/glassforming/3D design/sculpture courses at Cal Poly SLO for over 35 years. He has travelled the USA/Europe/and Asia seeking experiences in glass including; attended Pilchuck School in 1972, the Interglas Symposium in Novy Bor, Czhecoslovakia in 1988, participated in American/Thai Cultural Exchange Programs in 2002/’05/ and ’08, and has co-instructed glassblowing at Ox-Bow Summer School of the Arts (SAIC) since 1995. George is also the co-founder of the California Glass Exchange.
- April/May ’12 – lessons to 4 glassblowing enthusiasts at my studio in Los Osos, CA
- Live Oak Music Festival exhibiting artist ’12 – Santa Ynez, CA.
- Paso Robles Festival of the Arts = May 2012, Central Coast Sculptors Pavilion
- Arts Encore 2012 – fundraiser for San Marino Art Association, Huntington Library
- Art after Dark – The Aquarium – May 2012 – Alegria Wine and Ware SLO, CA
- 1st Phantom Gallery 2012 – Juried – Quaglino Bldg. Downtown SLO, CA.
- Gone Fishin’ One man Installation in the McMeen Gallery at the San Luis Art Museum of SLO – November 2011
- Sculpture SLAM 2011 (Juried) – August – San Luis Obispo Sculptors Group – Art Museum of SLO, CA
- Connections with Nature II – Botanical Gardens of SLO – April – May 2011
- Arts in the Gardens I & II Sage Nursery and Botanical Gardens Exhibit – March 2011 & ‘12 – Los Osos, CA
- Finding Balance 2011 – Bay Area Glass Artists – Village Theatre – Danville, CA.
- Animal Narratives Exhibition (juried) – October 2010 – Art Museum of SLO
- Sculpture IS – May ‘10/’11 – PVAC/Sierra Azul Nursery – Watsonville, CA
- Connections with Nature – March 2010/’11/’12, Botanical Gardens of SLO, CA.
- Facilitated lecture by Dale Chihuly Nov. 30, 2009 at the Spanos Theatre, Cal Poly, SLO
- Elemental/Thai American Exchange Project April 2009 – UAG, Cal Poly, SLO
- 1st Place cash award (juried) – Central Coast Sculptor’s Group (June 2009) Morro Bay Art Association Gallery, Morro Bay, CA
- 3rd Place cash award – Made in California Exhibition (March) 2009 (juried) City of Brea Art Gallery, Brea, CA